Saturday, November 3, 2012

New Nordic Knitting


New Nordic Knitting is apparently popular amongst a lot of knitters - it makes me smile, as I remember Nordic knitting patters being very popular in the 70s, but if you were wearing it in the 80s and most of the 90s you were anything but hip.

A couple of years ago, the designers Arne & Carlo got an order for knitted Christmas ball, that were sold at a ridiculous high price in Japan, so they published their book 2 years ago i Norway, and it has later been translated to several languages - the knitted Christmas balls are now inspiring a lot of knitters. The motifs on the knitted Christmas balls are inspired  byold Nordic knitting patterns.

I went to a work shop a couple of weeks ago, where Arne & Carlo talked about their life and creative visions - they are hilarious and time flies by listening to them. They inspired me to go home and try to knit the first Christmas ball in the book:


1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

I love this, Anne! Looks like a very posh snowball....ha! Are you making more? Don't forget to share, lol.
My Dad was a good knitter....he made a beautiful Fair Isle sweater for my brother.....but we kids were sworn to secrecy....seems it was very acceptable for a man to knit in his native Scotland, but definitely not in inner-city Manchester, where I grew up...hahaa!