Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 2012 Tea Swap - Part 1

Time for the March Tea Swap - Fran called it and with the theme of spring using the color green. My swap partner this month is a blog friend of mine, Karen, who often comments my blog and she WOWs us with stunning photos and lately also Haikus, cards etc.


The card is inspired by Quirky Craft's Challenge #5: First signs of spring theme using the double Z fold card technique. Luckily I have tried the 3Fold technique, which has some similarities to this one so not too intimidated to try it out.


When seeing the theme, my thoughts were Japanese cherry tree blossoms and green tea, as this will also "speak" to Karen, since she is writing Haiku poems. It presented a chance to use a freebie digi from A Day for Daisies and some Japanese inspired paper that I picked up at a Søstrene Grene store.

The text on the card is blurred, as I think the written words are for Karen only keeping it a bit personal.
 

Then came the task of presenting the tea - in this case I could easily pick tea in green tea bag wraps: YOGI TEA's Licorice Mint and Green Chai - and needed something green to wrap it in. Somehow the colour is making me think of Skt. Patrick's Day, but guessing it has something to do with being a March event as well.



Karen, hope spring has arrived to Canada for your camera to capture wonderful photos :o)

3 comments:

Birdie said...

Absolutely breath taking in its beauty!

Karen said...

We do think alike! I blurred the text when I photographed the text you wrote as well! LOL.

Was a lovely treat to get this beautiful card and teas Anne. thanks again :)

Vicky said...

That is stunning, Anne.
Green, sure, what other colour would you use in March. lol