Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sunflowers

To brighten up my appartment, I occationally buy a bouquet of flowers. Only flower bouquets I receive from others go into one vase only - those I buy I divide into several bottles and mini-vases to spread the joy and colours a little more.


This time of season calls for sunflowers - I love them! They goes into bottles, that I find colourful and nice - the milk bottle is an heirloom that is 60+ years old.


One of the two shelves in my appartment that is not cramped with books.


The other shelf right above my computer corner.


When it is off season for sunflowers, I sometimes walk to a museum, where I can admire the Danish painter Michael Ancher's painting "Girl with Sunflowers"

4 comments:

Birdie said...

Such a cheery flower - fields of them grown here for the seeds. You would love it. Also, cute kitties I see and where are you in any of the photos. Well, a person's gotta ask...

Karen said...

What a great idea to divide the bouquet up like that!

Vicky said...

Sunflowers really brighten a dull day. Really good idea to seperate them into little bottles.

Silver Strands said...

I LOVE this idea ... it spreads the cheer all through the house!