Wednesday, May 25, 2011

World MS Day, 2011


Today is World MS Day - if you click here, there might be an event close to your location.

A couple of years ago, I heard a spokes person for an MS organisations say, that she generally hoped that the organisation one day would have to dissolve itself. That it would become superfluous.

Her rationale behind this comment was of course, the hope of someday somebody would find the cure for MS - maybe through vaccination.

There is a collection of small change (money) going on in my country to support the scientific research for better medicine - yes even a cure. Today I will go to the nearest collection box and donate the change that I have set aside for the past month. Maybe a selfish act, but I too know people suffering from MS - I just happen to be one of them myself.

What's happening in your area? How to they mark the day?



 

1 comment:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I do not know what they are doing for this MS day in Georgia? It is nice to have a World MS Day though...