Thursday, April 7, 2011

Jane Austen Meets Challenges

I have been reading one of my favourite books "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen - Looove that book and that might explain why I have both the BBC tv-series and the 2005 remake on DVD.

Inspiration to my cards comes from a lot of places - this time is no exception. Remembered seing a feebie digi-stamp on A Day for the Daisies blog including a challenge, where we are to use stitches in our card as well as one of their stamps.

Lace and/or doily was required from the CCCE stamper's challenge and finally the sketch I chose to follow is from Just Us Girls, as it was perfect from my idea.


Just realised that the blue in the sketch may have prompted/inspired me to use blue color tones in the card - pastel red was out of the question as I can only remember seing colors tones like blue, black, white, grey and green wheen seeing Jane Austen inspired pictures, but hey maybe I am wrong in that perception. Anyway, here's my Jane Austen inspired card:


The text used is actually from the Jane Austen book "Sense and Sensibility" - I realised a while back, that I had two identical paperback copies of the book and decided that one of them was to be used in my cardmaking.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Love it! You are so creative.

claire7q said...

Looks fab! I am quite undone! Not sure I could ever take a book apart though, even in the name of art! :D
PS. The BBC wins hands down....

Kathryn B said...

So pretty! Great job with this weeks Just Us Girls sketch!

Andrea M said...

Such a lovely, soothing color palate. Beautiful DP. Love the image of the girl hugging the lamb! Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Dana Gustafson said...

Llove our pretty colors and that you used your fave bookprint to accent your pretty main image. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card Andaja! I love the blues... Thanks so much for joining in the ADFD challenge~ hugs!