Saturday, October 30, 2010

World Wide News Clippings

I spend a lot of time in airports, and in order to "kill time" I read a lot. Mostly books, but occasionally I pick up some of the news papers, that the airports/airlines offer for free, and often one article stands out.

KIMBERLY-CLARK TAKES SWIPE AT TUBELESS TOILET PAPER.
Effort could help keep 160M tons of trash out of US Landfils
Source: USA TODAY
WOW!! From Monday apprarently you can get the tubless toilet paper rolls in Walmarts and Sam's Club stores in the Northwest - and just imagine how much waste that could be eliminated if all toilet paper rolls were like these.

I love those kind of initiatives as 1) we do not have endless resources available and 2) way too many resources end up at landfills as waste. A lot of people already recyce a lot of cardboard - but how many recycle the cardboard tube in toiletpaper rolls, when it has run out of the toiletpaper?

1 comment:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Oh...I'll buy tubeless. It doesn't really matter to me if there is a tube or not. If anything less to help the envirnment is available I'm all for it!!