Monday, August 9, 2010

Patchwork... My First Attempt...

I was going through some files on my computer yesterday as I had to find a pattern, which a friends asked if she could borrow.... Going through stuff like that is truly a trip down Memory Lane...


This is actually my very fist attempt with pachwork (sorry for the poor picture quality).

Who knows, why I bought the January/February 2006 issue of Quilter's Newletter Magazine where I found this pattern. Suddenly I realised that it could be the perfect birthday / first house present for one of my frieds, who I had been drinking pots of tea with while studying at the university. When we needed a time-out from the books, tea was always the solution.

Making the whole quilt was out of the question, and then I realised that she was decorating the kitchen in retro colors to - which the fabrics selected matched perfectly. I managed to complete them within a week - the size was ammended, so it would fit the frames, that I found at a local hoby shop.

They have a nice spot in her kitchen - and if you are drinking tea at her house, most likely it is going to be in her cosy kitchen. Her parents actually asked me to make another set for one of their friends' birthday - and since I new nothing about the recipient, the mom helped me select the fabrics to be used. See this is where I regret me not having taken a photo of that set as well.

I still do it - find creative ideas from pictures, articles, patterns.... you name it... But guess that is the "curse of a creative person": we always collect ideas and add them to our must-to-someday-when-I-have-the-time list :o)

Today I am actually picking one from the have-to-do-need-it list - hopefully I can post a picture of the result later this week.

No comments: