Saturday, April 3, 2010

I Just Learned a New Word: Frenemy

As you might already have guessed, it's a blend of the words friend and enemy .....

I have known people, that were supposed to be my friends but they turned out to be an enemy in disguise  - way back then I did not know this word, but it fits them perfectly.... You know the type of people that really want something that you can either help them with or provide for them - and as soon as they receive it, they turn their back on you and if they have promised something in return: it's never going to happen.....

I have some really close friends, who have been there for years: we help each each other any way we can, and we know that if we ask for help - we will give a lending hand if possible..... When it comes to new people I tend to be more cautious before letting them into my circle of friends - some of them will always just be aquintances, but that's ok....

In my type of job, favours is actually part of the job - because you never know excactly when you're gonna ask for a return-favour.... as with friends you need to consider whether that person is actually a friend or an ememy....frenemy....

No comments: